Belsouth FC would like to introduce parents and players to the following player development options that are available in and around Belconnen. These programs and academies are ideal for players wanting to develop their football skills and make new friendships. Belsouth does not fund participation in these development programs so they are available on a user pay basis for interested players and parents.
- Belconnen United Football Club Blue Academy Skills Acquisition Program is provided to players wishing to play at the National Premier League (NPL and WNPL) level in future. The program focus on the ‘golden age’ of motor learning for players aged 9 to 12 years. During the skill acquisition phase, players will develop their four core skills of first touch, striking the ball, 1v1 and running with the ball. The program is overseen by the BUFC Technical Director. Please refer to link below for further information.
- Capital Football Skills Acquisition Program provides a pathway for identified potential talented football players aged U9-U12 years. Players in each age group training two sessions per week for 38 weeks of the year in addition to playing in elite matches and coached games against other State Associations, regions and club teams. The purpose of the program is to deliver the best possible football education for the players. Please refer to the link below for further information.
- Motivate Football Academy Australia (MFAA) has trained many players from the grassroots and helped over 50 players in the Canberra region transition from community club football to National Premier League teams. The MFAA philosophy is based on South American football and Barcelona style training, and is focused on skills development and making players into better people. Please refer to the link below for more information about MFAA programs.
- Coerver Coaching Performance Academy 2019 trials are being held on August 25th at the University of Canberra. This is an excellent age specific technical development program that goes from late September 2019 to early February 2020, and is for players wanting to enhance their technical skills. Please refer to link below for further information or to register for the program.
- Patafta Football Academy is for young footballers who aspire to play professionally and at National Premier League level. It provides an opportunity for players to improve their football skills, knowledge, tactical awareness and enables them to train in a professional environment. Various programs are offered from U6 to U20 to help players with the ambition and determination to achieve their goals in football. Please refer to the link below for more information.